Friday

OMEGA Dubai Ladies Masters - The Looks & Such

So first of all, for an astute recap of Friday's on-course action, head over to Mostly Harmless. ~ With their unique insight, they break it down and make it simple.

You'll also want to spend some time at the Dubai Ladies Masters website and check out the Interviews. I don't know what it is about them... the questions, the way they're transcribed...but whatever it is, they're good. And the Photo Gallery ! That's where I got the shots below, but there are tons more... awesome ones... including lots of fun pics of the noncompetitive events and activities that are part of this great tournament.

Here are a few of the things I liked... or didn't like. Some things I found funny, interesting, whimsical or amazing:




















Paula Marti's PUMA outfit. Black + fuchsia = awesome. Extra points for a killer body.




















I also like France's Anne-Lise Caudal in this Lacoste look. Same kind of color combination but totally different effect.






















This outfit raised quite a few... well, eyebrows among other things... and I've got to say I can see why. It really does push the proverbial skimpiness envelope. And Melissa Reid is a beautiful girl, but lately I think she could use a triple cheeseburger... or three.
















OK, what can you say about Michelle Wie? That she always looks amazingly perfect in those Nike outfits? Well that's what I say anyway... every time I see her.
















And no one... anywhere... owns a look the way Christina Kim does hers. The thing is, though the basic elements remain consistent, the way she changes it up with color, it always looks totally new and exciting. As if her personality wasn't exciting enough.



















On the accessories front, I was impressed by Breanne Loucks' kickin putter cover, and the volunteer who wore a visor over his turban... which is a perfect example of the kind of look that's so uncool it's cool.




















And in Dubai, everything takes place against a surreal, skyscraper-studded background.

The final round starts in just a couple of hours.

10 comments:

  1. Great showing for Michelle Wie!! Her outfits and her golf. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Melissa Reid outfit is awful! I'm not a dress code fanatic but I think it looks disrespectful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina Kim is great! She makes the game much more exciting. I'm sure she left a lasting impression on the people of Dubai and I bet she's already been invited back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dubai looks like a great place for golf but I hope it can continue to host tournaments considering its current economic woes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vibe seems much more relaxed than over here. The players don't seem as "tortured" as they sometime seem when they play US tournaments. I realize there's not as much at stake, but I don't think that's all there is too it. I really hope we can get TV coverage of this in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what youer implying Ash, about the US tourneys. The ones I've been to have always be fun AND I think you will need to wait a long time for the TV coverage its not popular enough and may never be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dubai will probably scale down quite a bit in the coming few years but from what I've hear they've built a good golf infrastructure not only of luxury resorts but also teaching facilities. I think they will figure prominently future of the game though perhaps not as quickly as they had hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Michelle Wie's pristine look. Have to agree that Melissa Reid's isn't appropriate. But, now that you mention it. A cheeseburger, fries and a glass of wine at the Pebble Beach Lodge Tap Room does sound great right now! Maybe I'll pop over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the post,- Paula looks great, Melissa not so much, and Michelle always a classic

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think these ladies all prove there are plenty of great golfing styles out there. Getting the television coverage remains difficult. I hope the more exposure (not the Melissa Reid kind)these golfing gals get will help generate interest among the masses and not just golf nuts like us. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...