Saturday

The Abu Dhabi Championship - Masterful Molinaris

.
"Once you're lucky, twice you're good."

That's the title of an awesome book by tech writer, Sarah Lacy. The book is about Silicon Valley Entrepreneurs, but for my purposes it applies to Francesco Molinari and his hole-in-one at the Abu Dhabi Championship yesterday. He accomplished it at the 174 yard fourth hole using his 7-iron. And it was his second such feat. The first one was a couple of years ago at the 2008 Malaysian Open. So yes, no doubt it, he's good. And so is his brother Edoardo. But then you knew that because I've written about the talented Italian brothers on myriad occasions.

It's just about 2:30AM right now here in New England but it's already 11:30AM in Abu Dhabi and the third round is already underway. Both Molinaris are currently in contention, with Francesco's ace helping into a tie for 14th while Edoardo is part of a tie for 9th.

The brothers are definitely a force to be reckoned with, and they'll be a welcome presence in Augusta this April.

Photo: Ross Kinnaird /Getty Images

5 comments:

  1. I golfed with a women who had taken up golf in 'middle ages', played of 33, and had 11 holes in one... she was lucky, to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey golf girl, your possible visit has the Oslo golfing blog community buzzing... let me know how we can help... Ladies Scottish Open 18+ Aug, Ladies Finair Masters in Helsinki the week after the Gathering. Suzann and Marianna will not likely be at either, pretty much US tour these days! In honour of your presence, I suggest we organise a mixed stableford social at Oslo GC, we'll certainly get a few golfers (and some may even be bloggers)! Keep us posted. BBX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Norway - here from BB and he'd already said what is about Norwegian golfers :-)

    I noticed from you're comment at BB's that you want to join us at the Oslo Blog Gathering - that would be great!
    I also noticed you want a "golf story angle". As a network evangelist, I have a lot of connections and contacts, so do hesitate to contact me if I could be of any help!

    Btw: I'm a golfer too and I love it! The only sport were a gentleman can say "Lady, please watch my ball" you know ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from Brunei (GMT +8) planning to be in Thailand during Honda LPGA... Hope to be able to give some feedback...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The great thing about golf is that it IS a global game and that's why its inclusion in the Olympics is such a great thing - it will help the sport grow and reach more people in more countries than ever. It will happen over time, decades, and there will be ups and downs, but I think the sport has a great future.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...