Thursday

Match Play Shirt of the Day - Thongchai Jaidee

.
That prize had to go to Thongchai Jaidee, for the whimsical candy-striped chemise, pictured at left.

The paratrouper-turned-golf champion, turned candy cane from Thailand won his match in style yesterday, annihilating Ross Fisher at 5 and 4.

Fisher, who won the Volvo World Match Play Championship in Spain last October, was expect to take this match, however as evidenced in Dubai last week, Thongchai Jaidee should not be overlooked.

But speaking again of shirts... there was a profusion of pink on display at Dove Mountain yesterday, indicating that it may be a big color on the PGA Tour this year. The normally neon-clad Ryo Ishikawa however, put aside his trademark crayola colors for an uncharacteristic (but awesome) black on black look. The Japanese teen defeated up-and-coming Australian, Michael Sims in an exciting youth-match. Ryo's birdie on 17 after an impressive fairway bunker shot to about two feet and another birdie on 18 clinched him the win.














Check back later for today's shirt of the day.

7 comments:

  1. No wonder Ross Fisher fell apart, that shirt was probably making him hallucinate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the candy cane shirt and I'm sure it actually was a bit distracting for his opponent. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This guy is the best player on the Asian Tour and seem determined to do something big this year. He's definitely one to watch. I just hope he gets a new wardrobe consultant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched him play and never noticed the shirt ! How blind am I ? Geez - that shirt looks like Jaidee's heading to the horse track to ride the 5th race !

    He's playing awfully well - he won't be taken lightly tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew it, I knew that you would choose Jaidee's TShirt!! haha

    It's funny. I'm not a fashionista, neither a golf fashion fant, but a plain golf fan. But since I started following this blog, a year or so ago, I started to look for the AAA-Rated TShirt of every golf championship I watch on TV!!!

    Alright Patricia, next time I'll publish my forecast somewhere before you make your decission!

    Greetings from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Golf fashion has definately changed

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! I'm sure you had fun writing this article. Excellent entry! I'm been looking for topics as interesting as this. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...