Saturday

Arizona Golf - Planning an Autumnal Adventure


Generally, I don't tend to plan my vacations in advance.

I hate to be locked into exact dates and specific destinations six months out. And who knows? m
y mood might be totally different once the departure date is looming. I'm a big fan of spontaneity too... I like the slight adrenalin rush that accompanies the unknown. And the thing is, I always seem to stumble upon the best places and the nicest people... when I'm winging it.

That said, I've been reading a lot about Arizona golf over the past couple of months and recently decided to diverge from my usual last-minute, anywhere-the-wind-blows style and plan, ... really plan... my late fall golf getaway in AZ. Because, as I understand it Arizona offers myriad... that's myriad with a capital M... textures and flavors of golf, and I want to experience as many of them as possible.

For example in addition to playing golf, on this particularly trip I want to work on my game, and I've heard that in Scottsdale golf instruction is superlative. With several of the world's most reputed academies and instructors withing mere miles of each other.

Because I've never played on a desert course and in the words of one of my readers, Tucson golf equals desert golf. With the added benefit of some awesome spas great southwestern restaurants.

5 comments:

  1. I was in Scottsdale last year and it was wonderful! Didn't play golf but saw some great courses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the sky is so blue and the air so clear in the desert. I've never played golf there, but I definitely plan to someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my last trip to Scottsdale my buddies and I went out after golfing one night. We must have been fairly loaded because it took us a solid hour to realize the two guys standing next to us were Charles Barkley and Tiger Woods.

    Jim Dauer
    FullForesome.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are heading to New Mexico late summer. I've never played a desert course so I'm looking forward to that too.

    As for AZ, I've never played there, but I have hit a couple spas in AZ that were wonderful.

    Golf, spa, wine & dinner. Repeat. That sounds like an ideal vacation to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can think of no better place to play golf.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...