Tuesday

"Fashionista Golf Girl" - Introducing Meredith Horton

.
It's my pleasure to introduce Meredith Horton, the latest member of the Golf Girl Media team.

She's going to be helping us out... here at Golf Girl's Diary... and with our myriad projects at Golf Girl Media.  She's a world traveler and recent college graduate who is determined to learn how to play golf... and she'll surely bring a unique perspective to our endeavors.

Hi everyone, my name is Meredith Horton and I am proud to say that I am the newest member of the Golf Girl Media team.

I've been reading Golf Girl's Diary and talking to Golf Girl about some of the projects in the pipeline, and I'm so happy to have been asked to join the team.
 

Now, I have to tell you the truth; I’m a recent college graduate, and for as long as I can remember my world has revolved around books, studying, and papers. (Can I just say how happy I am that that phase of my life is over!) So, I know little about golf as yet… though I can tell you all about Celtic Mythology if that helps!
  
I plan to not only learn all there is to know about golf, but to have fun doing it...  and I plan to do it in style! (Who knew there were so many amazing golf fashions out there? Not me.) 


Now, I’m guessing that you’d like to know a little about me…  well I’m a tea addicted, Gemini, who is obsessed with Gilmore Girls and classic movies. Does that help? Well, if you’re still curious I’ll tell you a bit more: I’m the second eldest of six. Three girls and three boys… I know what you’re thinking, “how very Brady Bunch of you!” And yes, yes it is, though not as creepily happy and obedient. Oh, and our house has toilets something that VH1 The 60’s pointed out the Brady house didn’t. It’s a true story, watch an episode and see for yourself!  We’re also a house of animal lovers. Growing up we had almost every kind of pet imaginable, from chinchillas and chickens to the more conventional dogs and birds.

Oh, I’m also astoundingly competitive and cannot wait till I can teach my brothers and sisters how to play golf… and win! Yep, I plan to become that good (or maybe the heavens will smile on me and they’ll all stink!). To quote Madeline (I loved those books when I was little!) “That’s all there is, there isn’t any more.”

So, I can’t wait to start hearing from you and I can't wait to know more about the multi-faceted world of golf. Golf Girl Media, I've happily come to find out, is all about developing a passion for the game and keeping it fun.
 

Oh I almost forgot, I'm @GolfGirlFashion on Twitter ...and I just got on there two days ago so I'm actively seeking friends. Hint, hint. Well, that's it for now.  

FashionistaGolfGirl signing off. 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Meredith. Another addition to the rapidly growing staff up there. "Junior" will fill you in on the webbed footed guy on the other side of The Sound (me!)

    You and I have quite a bit in common. I was not exactly the demographic they were looking for, but I must confess, I was a big Gilmore Girls fan. I also like classic movies. Looking forward to getting to know you. Have fun with your new adventure, golf!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Forgot to say I'm a big "tea drinker" also. Ok- I'm following you. So now it is time to write your first tweet. Then I can reply. How is your radio voice? Tomw. night is show time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golf Girl Fashionista10/26/2010 11:09 PM

    Hi Ducks! I love that you're a tea drinking, classic movie watching, Gilmore Girls fan like me! I have the Gilmore Girls box set and whenever I'm feeling a bit down I just pop in a DVD (any DVD, yes, I've seen it that many times) and my day is brightened.

    Oh, I plan to have fun with my new adventure! And I hope to God I have a good radio voice. Though I think that you'll keep me posted on the areas I need to improve on. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another Gilmore Girls fan here. That show was so well written, wasn't it. Now the Brady Bunch is another story that was when TV was still Sacchariny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see the new staffers at Golf Girl and It's good to see that you're wanting to learn the game. Hope we see you out on the course this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ......though I can tell you all about Celtic Mythology if that helps!.....

    what do you know about shivas irons ?

    frankD
    ftlauderdale FLA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fashionista, I am smiling as I sit here trying to imagine Lorelai do her traditional rapid fire commentary of a golf tournament in slightly above a whisper voice.

    GG trivia. I think Starr's Hollow was patterned after Washington Depot in CT. Except that when I went to Washington Depot, there was very little there. Maybe there is a secret entrance and I didn't know the password. Also, the actor who played Luke played baseball briefly in the Yankee's minor league system.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Costumes, golf, sexy women and silly men. Quite a witches' cauldron you women are stirring. Only good witches in CT of course.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Watch Nate Berkus' show on NBC at 3PM EDT today. Elyse Luray from History Detectives is on the show. I know Elyse a little bit and she is a wonderful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ashgolf- Yay another Gilmore Girls fan!!! I totally agree with your view on the Brady Bunch. If I'm going to watch sweet TV it's Bewitched & I Love Lucy all the way.

    Langston- Thanks so much for the kind words!!!

    FrankD- Shivas Iron? It's a non profit org that works towards building and keeping the beauty of golf. :-) I hope that's the right answer!

    Ducks 64- Thanks for the GG trivia! It was great to hear you on our radio show. I promise I'll get better with time... I think that it will be like wine. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...