Friday

Space Golf - Sounds Like My Kind of Golf


I've been trying to add some distance to my drives for a while now. I've been doing strength traing reading books and web sites on the subject, I'm even contemplating a new driver. Well, turns out I might not be needing that new driver just yet. Not if I can book my golf vacation at ISS. Yep, it seems The International Space Station is on it's way to becoming a high flying golf resort. The First Tee Time - Wednesday at 5:28 p.m. CST - has already been booked. That's when NSS flight commander Mikhail Tyurin will step out onto a perch just outside the airlock (I'm thinking that's the white tee) and hit a one-handed drive. And here's the beauty part: due to the atmospheric conditions at 220 miles, even a crummy shot would be expected to remain in flight for AT LEAST two or three days. See where I'm going with this. Now I just need to contact NASA the Russians, book my tee time and find the Ladies tee. And to think I used to fantasize about playing at La Paz Golf Club.

6 comments:

  1. There's NO WAY I'm letting you go up there darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The company that's sponsoring this little escapade is Element21 Golf, a relatively new company that's introducing a new line of Scandium club components.
    The best part is that they're publicly traded (NASDAQ: EGLF), currently priced at about $0.25 per share, and are adding some rather experienced industry management types to their team.
    Might be a stock to watch...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the stock tip anonymous. Maybe that can help finance my trip to ISS.

    Nick: Try to stop me, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are they going to televise this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I interviewed the Element 21 CEO last year about this stunt and will have a new interview with the President of Element 21 on Monday. The first interview can be found below:
    http://www.golflogic.ca/golf-blog/2006/03/20/par-5-%e2%80%93-5-questions-with-natalyia-hearn-ceo-element-21-golf/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems it'll be televised by ESPN and ABC...I'm not sure of the timing but will let you know as soon as I find out. Nigel, I'm looking forward to your interview... Make sure to ask the tough questions. ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...