Monday

Winter Golf and a Week of Servitude

This morning I got up early and cleaned Nick's clubs. They were really a mess after a weekend of rough, wet golf. When I get home from work later I'll be polishing Nick's golf shoes. Nick has eight pairs of golf shoes, that's sixteen individual shoes. I hate polishing shoes. There will also be the massages, the daily hour-long deep-tissue massages that Nick is insisting on. You know how tiring that is? And of course there are all those things I can't mention here, you know what they are. Well, servitude is servitude and Furyk's win at the Nedbank yesterday put me solidly in the roll of submissive servant till Friday. Nick's man Furyk won - my man Ernie didn't. But Ernie tried so hard and I appreciate that. I'm thinking it must have been ultra-stressful for him to know that my freedom was dependant on his winning. So much so that he actually threw his club violently at the 14th hole during his third round on Saturday. Got fined 1,000 Rand for it too. That's so unlike Ernie. ...and he's so cute when he's mad. BTW - Sergio got fined for throwing clubs too. I guess I'm just attracted to those bad-boy types. Oh well.

Other than the Nedbank fiasco, my weekend was won-der-ful! We played on Saturday and Suday. Saturday at Oxford Greens, a relatively new course about 40 minutes from chez nous. It was true December golf; icy cold and blustery, with only a few stalwart souls on the course. We weren't too impressed with the course but I think that had more to do with the stark time of year than anything else, and I'm looking forward to playing it again come spring. On Sunday we played at Candlewood Valley. Though still cold, it was less windy, thus felt warmer. And I had made a thermos full of Hot Rum Chocolate which we sipped throughout our game. It was quite heavenly. Our last round of CT golf for the season, I strongly suspect, so good to end it on a happy note. And I'm sure I'll get through the week of servitude...even though I'm already tired of wearing the French Maid costume.

A CT golf course in winter. This was Sunday at Candlewood Valley.

I like winter golf...as long as I can bring along my hat, mittens and hot rum chocolate.

Nick always keeps his balls clean. Fortunately.

21 comments:

  1. You should never bet against Furyk Nicks going to have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Spuds McKenzie thingamajiggy hanging off you the rum dispenser?

    Wowza, Patricia - the CALORIES from fat on those rum drinks will keep you on the treadmill for the rest of the winter....

    Tell you what - no self-respecting male has EIGHT pairs of golf shoes - donate half of them to the Salvation Army - chances are he won't miss them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick's a fool if he doesn't take full advantage of your servitude.l

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat - Now's the time to trade Nick in for Ernie. I love the bag by the way, you look very urban.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, Keep us posted on the servitude.
    Attaboy for Nick!!! I would bet that he wins more than he loses, even if he loses. . .

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. can you post some pics in the French maid costume? ;-)~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat, you are a tease...Not fair...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pic depicting Nick cleaning his ball is probably a hint that he is pretty good in providing himself servitude...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. to the person who wants to aunt in a french maid costume... this is a golf blog not a "pat puts on what you tell her to wear blog"...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jordy,

    How come you always act like the school principal? Why do you always seem to have panted up anger?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jordy,

    Get a grip, will ya?

    And don't take it the wrong way...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jord, I was actually contemplating doing a photo shoot in the French maid costume. Do you think that would be too slutty?

    I could use artistic lighting and create something in really good taste. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're combining two very important topics in your blog Pat, which is undoubtedly why it is having its spectacular succes - for this reason alone i would thoroughly recomend a tasteful french maid photo shoot - it could quite possibly launch you to stardom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dibs on those pics, Patty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. its my job to stir things upp get you people commenting more guess it worked


    when do i get paid for this pat??

    ReplyDelete
  16. i agree you should do a french maid shoot, but maybe with a new blog???

    ReplyDelete
  17. OK Jordy - You'll be the official webmistress for my racy new blog. We'll talk about salary later. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another vote for the french maid uniform pic!!!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jordy,

    I am glad you have a sense of humor...That is totally cool...

    Talk is cheap, let's see some French maid costume on Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. of course I have a sense of humor!

    Pat lets talk about a blog where people tell you what to wear each week and ill do the camera work woot woot

    ReplyDelete
  21. and since you people are fasinated with the whole french maid thing i'll totally get patty to do ASAP

    :-D

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...