Wednesday

Having Fun With Golf - One Club at a Time

You know me.

When it comes to golf, my main priority is to just have fun. Unlike the majority of recreational golfers, I never, ever, ever lose sight of the fact that I'm doing it for fun. So when I heard about the Oobgolf/PSP One Club Challenge, what do you think I thought of? Yep, that's right...fun.

The rules are simple, you just play a full round, using only a single club. For every shot. Including putting. The lowest score gets a PSP golf club.

The way I look at it, this is going to be a blast! First choosing the club - then disciplining it to do what I want it to do. On every shot, from every lie and on the green. Yeah, I fully expect to see some really crazy trajectories.

I've already decided; I'll be using my 7 iron. Though far from my favorite club, I do think it's my most versatile. Nick's veering towards his 5 wood, but frankly, the whole idea is making him rather anxious, you see, he's one of those who often forgets to have fun with the game.

Anyway the contest runs for the next month so choose your weapon and play your round...then go post it at Oobgolf by October 16. And do what I always do... have fun with it!

10 comments:

  1. Well 7 IS my favorite and I think it's going to work for me. I try to have fun with it but I've got to admit I get frustrated easily. So this is going to be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to use my sand wedge and I'm pretty sure I won't do much worse than with my full set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have played an entire round with my 7-iron to prove to my playing partners that my score would probably be the same as my normal score. (92-98). I shot a 91. I have preached this kind of golf for a couple of years. So this challenge will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be hard to not use the seven, but I think I may choose my 4 iron and give it a go. Let the games begin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll use my 2 iron.
    just because it would sound cool that i shot 74 with only a 2 iron :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter has been asking to play this kind of game for months. This is a great excuse to do it. I agree--it has to be the 7-iron. I think hubbie will probably sit this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you guys are all leaving out the possibility of a hybrid. there are some high lofted hybrids out there that would be easier to hit out of the rough and bunkers - and putting would be easier, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! Thanks Court.

    I'm definitely going with a high loft hybrid. I've had my eye on a second hand Precept ECU 30 that my neighbor is selling. Let me go over there now. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds Supa-Kewl....I am going to do this with my 4 Hybrid. Unlike trufffley , I don't expect to shoot an, errr, 74...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Making kal geons is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of kal gold . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of kal online geons almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of kal online goldhere I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to make kalonline Geons.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...