Thursday

Adoring Female Fans Covet Ryo Ishikawa's Balls

OK, I'll admit it, I've developed a bit of a Ryo Ishikawa obsession over the past couple of months. I love his colorful personal style and charming shyness, and I've discussed both on the pages of this blog. Over-discussed, some might say. But true Ryo fans...and I know there are lots of them out there...can't get enough of the Bashful Prince.

In fact, RyoMania has reached outrageous new levels in Japan. To the extent that it practically derailed the Japan Open on Sunday. At the sixth hole young Ryo hit a slightly errant tee shot. It veered towards a section where spectators were gathered and suddenly an enraptured female fan just grabbed the ball... before it had even stopped rolling. Apparently there was a minor riot when other fans tried to intervene... the guilty groupie panicked... screaming ensued the story is here. It illustrates a possible downside to rock star popularity. And I think Ryo's going to have to get used to it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, those zany Japanese! They really go all out when they embrace a new fad, don't they? However, I agree that I like his style & his colorful presence. It's refreshing even though it won't do anything to change the way hubby dresses when preparing for golf... can you picture conservative?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be a Ryo groupie too if I lived in Japan. I love his bright colors too, but like Snooty most of the guys I know are far too con-ser-va-tive! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies never try to grab my balls. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Japanese seem to love celebrities even more then we do in the USA. From what I've heard Ryo has many fans who don't even play golf they just really like him because he's a
    celeb. That's probably what happened here. I don't think that lady will ever go to another tournament.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...