Monday

"Extremely Beautiful Golf Pro", Takemura Makoto

Japanese golf trends... and the alluring golfers who present them... always seem to catch my eye.

Takemura Makoto is one such alluring golfer. And so alluring is she that the Japanese press has labeled her “the extremely beautiful golf Pro”.

Over the past year there's been lots of buzz about a resurgence of golf in Japan. Charismatic young stars Ryo Ishikawa and Ai Miyazato definitively broke through to international audiences in 2009 with an LPGA win at the Evian Masters for Ms. Miyazato and princely performance at the President's Cup for Mr Ishikawa. The recreational game appears to be riding a new wave of popularity in Japan as well.

It seems that Japanese girls in particular, have contributed to this nascent golf boom. So much so that manufacturers are responding in droves with new products targeted to this distinctively stylish demographic.

A bit later today I'll be sharing some of my favorite Japanese-inspired golf trends here.

Update - Created a whole new post for this. That's how inspired I am.

9 comments:

  1. I thought those were boots until I read they are leg warmers. I could use those for my winter training in Ohio. She looks much cuter than I do in my UnderArmour and cords.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P - I want video evidence that you typed that with a straight face. She may be attractive - but that outfit....yeeesh ! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE the way she does the hair with the visor. Normally I hate visors and they'll never work for me with my broccoli bangs but she looks great. Ryo works the visor pretty well too. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. IMO - Takemura Makoto is very cute rather than extrememly beautiful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come on Court, you don't think I could pull that off in Ohio? It's much more interesting than my uniform (cords & UnderArmour).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Japan is a fascinating place. Art and design seems to find its way into everything. I doubt the outfit would be accepted where I play.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi,

    I was read about your topic information but i think you need to more update about your GolfPro information.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol - Heather - I think you have too much good taste to even think about putting that ensemble on ! (not to mention the sense not to want to put your friends into laughing convulsions) :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I hosted a darling Japanese exchange student years ago and we've stayed best of friends...Miyuki is a very pretty girl, too, and such a joy to be around. What a nice post. But what's the deal with girls in Japan and 'Hello Kitty'? Big gorgeous, serene elegant temple....gaggle of giggy girls in eye-gouging head-to-toe 'Hello Kitty' pink/purple stuff! And this in a country that reveres Audrey Hepburn! We humans are a funny bunch!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...