Friday

"Golf Goes in Waves" - The Extraordinary Optimism and Extreme Confidence of Ms. Wie

After what turned out to be a "pretty tragic" performance (+17) at the Casio Open, Michelle was circumspect... but definitely not about to give up. "Golf goes in waves," said Wie. "I've played some pretty bad rounds lately and hopefully it's time for some good rounds."

So there. And the best part is that she firmly insisted the poor performance wouldn't deter her from playing in men's events. "Not at all," said Wie , "I didn't play like myself today and it doesn't bother me, because I know I can play much better than this. I learn a lot from playing with the men." As Wie biographer (and fellow golf blogger)Jennifer Mario said about Michelle, "We could all use a dose of that kind of confidence". Amen.

Meanwhile, Thanksgiving was a wash-out here in CT, but a nice wash-out. An obscenely copious and delicious Thanksgiving meal...lots and lots of TV and reading... leftovers from aforementioned obscenely copious and delicious meal. Decidedly, the 2 1/2 inches of rain didn't faze us much at all. And today, it was gorgeous! Played up at Southbury with Nick. And guess what? Just like Michelle at Casio, I didn't get any birdies. Not a single one. In my case however, no one was too surprised.

8 comments:

  1. I feel sorry for her because she just doing and say what her parents and sponsers want. She would surely prefer to be in a field where she has a better chance of success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bubbles is not looking too bubbly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I understand you. I liked your blogs a lot better before you started giving your opinion about stuff. You've got attractive female disease; men have been pretending to find you interesting for so long that you actually believe that you have something worthwhile to say. At what point in someone's life is "confidence" more a delusion of grandeur than actual FOUNDED belief in yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michael - delusions of grandeur? ...are you talking about me or Michelle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael,

    If you do not like Patricia's blog, then stay away from it and keep your opinions to yourself. What you have to say is neither constructive not positive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat, you're spot on about Michelle. She's not making any apologies and she shouldn't. Males see her as fragile and misguided when in fact they are the fragile ones.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...