Thursday

I Feel A Great Golf Weekend Coming On

The planets seem to be aligning before my eyes, conspiring to produce an extremely decent first weekend of January!

Here we are in CT, where normally the entire month of January is deep frozen and only good for one thing: hibernation. But this weekend it's meant to hit 60; breaking records and paving the way for some great winter golf. I was at the driving range yesterday. The heaters weren't even on and that was just fine. Inspired by a golf resolutions post by Renee at The Forward Tees, I worked on my direction, really concentrating on where I wanted the ball to land. Ultra helpful. Today I'm hitting the gym for some flexibility and strength training. So I'll be all set to enjoy my weekend rounds, won't I? Then we've got the Mercedes-Benz Championship to watch on The Golf Channel. In addition to the new Kelly/Nick pairing, they're promising a pimped out an exciting new graphics package, new music and a little thing called Aim Point that allows an analyst to draw the anticipated line of a putt on the screen. Should be quite cool, I suspect. So yes, this weekend IS looking good for golf.

The only shitty unpleasant thing I have to do is take my Christmas tree down, which is never fun. But it's much easier than putting it up, right? Glass half full on that one.

It's hard to believe that the 2007 is almost a week old isn't it? BTW, I've posted a few photos of our New Year's Eve celebration here on Flickr. They feature various stages of inebriation from tipsy to hammered, as well as several headgear styles and two different venues. It was that kind of night. I'll be adding descriptive text and posting more photos over the next few days. Ad nauseum, one might say, but (some of) you asked for it.

6 comments:

  1. Love your photos. Tipsy or inebriated, they all look good. Hope this weekend is a fun for you as the last one looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOur the lucky ones. Here in Denver sometimes we play all winter, not this year though ;( Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice of you to post all your fun photos. ..

    Does Nick take all three of you, everywhere (Jordy and Cat), not that that's not a super duper great idea or anything like that!

    ;-)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more comment, . . .

    Nick is the bomb, I want to be his best friend!!!

    ;-)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GolfGirl- I hope this weekend is as good as you are predicting. I have some friends in PA, and it's supposed to be 65 tomorrow. He called me complaining because all the courses are closed for the "winter" and he can't get on.

    Sucks to be him!

    Thanks for checking out oob.

    -Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems like you do an awful lot of drinking and partying GolfGirl. That couldn't be too good for your game, but it doesn't seem you care much about that.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...