Thursday

Another LV Golf Bag Gets Away. Damn.

Yes, John B was right. In the last two minutes there was a flurry of activity. Ultimately I lost the bag to bidder 8 and his $620. bid. He's obviously in the business (or extremely obsessed) because his 30 day bid summary showed 346 bids, most for civil war memorabilia, but quite a few for sports collectibles too. Oh well. Actually it was quite exciting just being in the auction, and coming close to winning. At least I think I did. For about 6 seconds, my $550 bid was the highest. In any case, I'm not too too discouraged. One of my readers told me Louis golf bags come up for auction fairly regularly. As do other very cool vintage golf items of all sorts. In fact, I've got bids on a bunch of things already, including these postcards that I plan to frame for my home office. Aren't they sweet?



BTW, Nick was happy when I lost the bag. Said it was impractical. He just doesn't get it. At all.

4 comments:

  1. You should check this out, the first few uses are free:

    http://www.auctionsniper.com/

    As fun as it may be to get caught up in the bidding process, it doesn't make sense to raise the price before the end of the auction :) Just use this, put in the amount you are willing to spend, and it will place that bid with a couple seconds left. If you get it, you get it, if not, you don't. But, you don't 'show your hand' before the auction is over.

    I've used it in the past to buy various golf equipment :)

    It does, however, take some of the 'fun' out of the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick is a smart man...you should listen to his advice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards I can see - they're cute, and vintage looking...

    What are THEY going for???

    I'm with Nick on the bag...(sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Careful of those knock-off's. LV anything is sure to require special inspection. Heck...I saw a 60 minutes special on knock-off big-bertha's...

    Next time I'm in NY, I'll check out SoHo for a Louis golf bag for you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...