Sunday

Back to the Range - CT Golfers are Tired of Winter




















CT temperatures flirted with 50 on Saturday, so like others who reside in states where the winters aren't warm, I was happy to interrupt my hibernation and hit the driving range. I saw several guys I hadn't seen in months. They were less tan and less lean than I remembered, but I've no doubt they'll be back in shape by April. That's the kind of guys they are. Archtypical CT suburbanites. Fortunately, I've managed to avoid a similar fate with weekly tanning session and regular workouts. Also thanks to my workouts I felt strong and limber and was generally pleased with the way I was hitting. So, all-in-all I've held up pretty well through my hiatus from golf. And it's not quite over. Today was much colder as Canadian Air and blustery breezes descended upon us. The next few days are supposed to bring come of the coldest temps so far this year. Ick.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry for sending down the cold air from Canada, if you get any warm air in the next while send it up here to the Ottawa area. The weather was starting to improve but then a snow storm this past Friday put a damper on all us Crazy Canuck golfers. I guess I'll head back to the gym since we won't be golfing for awhile.
    Sean
    Ottawa Golf Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does feel good to just swing though, huh?

    I should've been following your workout plan instead of laughing it off though. 2 days later, after hitting WAY too many balls for my first time out- my neck, hands and shoulders are SO sore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you thawed out a bit over the weekend...

    Hate to RUB IT IN, though, but here in Thousand Oaks, we were up in the mid '70's all weekend, and are supposed to be enjoying a slow warm-up into the 80's by next weekend...

    The citrus trees are beginning to blossom (Elkins Ranch Golf Course in Fillmore will be HEAVENLY in about a month...) and we've got a few flowers starting to bloom on our two plum trees and cherry tree in the backyard....

    Spring is DEFINITELY beginning to make itself apparent here in Southern California....

    Neener, neener, neener.... =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sneaked in a few holes at the course behind my house when the temps got above 40 in Chicago last week.

    They didn't have the pins in the holes and there was still some snow on the ground but it's a pretty flat course (chicago park district course in a public park) so it wasn't too bad (except for the fact I stink at golf.)

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...