Monday

The Beer Diet: Not as Awesome as it Sounds.

As an avid Men's Health reader, when I saw my Daily Dose email this morning I got kind of excited. The Beer Diet. That's what the subject line said. Now I'm not a major beer drinker, but it is my beverage of choice on a hot summer golf course (champagne and girly pink cocktails being difficult to manage, even in the most well appointed golf cart). Actually though, The Beer Diet made me think of my guy friends...the ones I recently reunited with at the driving range and found to be much fatter slightly heavier than I remembered. "It's the beer I drank watching football all winter." one of my newly paunchy pals told me. "I'm gonna shed this extra poundage...as long as I don't have to give up beer", added another fat friend. His belly shook as he laughed.

So this diet seemed the perfect solution. I couldn't wait to open it up and email it to the guys. Alas, if it's sounds too good to be true it probably is. The Beer Diet allows one beer a day. Yep you heard me right, one beer a day. Who's going to follow that? Not my guys. One statement in the article did resonate however, "...Aside from the 150 calories per beer, alcohol inhibits our inhibitors" The idea being that it causes one to indulge in other excesses. And that I've gotta say, is true. Alchohol has definitely been know to inhibit my inhibitors.

Speaking of which, despite my heartfelt conviction that I had maintained my smokin' hot body, I might just have to lose a couple of pounds as well. Yesterday I spent some time with my temperamental, highly artistic, cohiba smoking French photographer, planning the Golf Girl Swimsuit Issue. He told me I was much fatter than Beyonce and should stop eating right now if I want the issue to be ready before the end of summer.

Well, first of all, I questioned his photography skills, then I told him I would stop eating ...I just won't stop drinking, don't want those inhibitors to kick in, do we?

22 comments:

  1. Pat,

    Is that you in the pic?

    If it is, you have nothing to worry about in term of your weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that's me. Thanks for the encouragement. Nick is mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a photographer myself, I have to say you are one great model :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Yes, Yes !!!!

    Thanks for the pics Pat, We were patiently waiting for the FM pic, but this is one is pretty hot and will definetly do.

    I must say, that's a pretty smokin bod!, you don't have anything to worry about!

    Cmon Summer!!!

    How many times can you high five one guy? Then keep kicking youself in the but??? (daing, daing, daing)

    Go Nick!

    Great job you signed up for, I'd like to see more of your work :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patricia, You're as hot as Beyonce, and you're probably a better golfer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmm...Nick???

    1) See an optometrist, stat...
    2) Comments like that do not improve the marital relationship - proceed with caution...
    3) Remember the old adages about "People in glass houses should not throw stones" and "The pot calling the kettle black"? Brush up on them...
    4) Give thanks for what you have...it's impressive...
    5) See #1 again....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patty, YOu don't need to lose a lb. Start shooting the swimsuit issue now. SI has been on the stands for a month already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beyonce is 5'6" and prior to making Dream Girls she was 140lbs. I think she lost some weight fo r the movie but not that much. The shots of her in Sports Illustrated are very close up and the angles are unusual. There's also the probability that they were airbrushed. I don't think you're heavier than Beyonce. If I had your body, I'd be shooting that calendar today, preferably on a tropical island.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMFG you are hawt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you sure that's you recently? I've seen some pictures from either this or your other blogs that didn't look like this. It is blurry, but if untouched, of you, and not smoke and mirrors, yeah you look good, especially for your age. I'm having a hard time deciding if your readers are pathetic old guys tired of their wives salivating over a woman who actually keeps herself in shape, 14 year old boys, or a mix.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't ya wish your girl friend is hot like Pat....

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like Mr. Nelson has a tad bit of pent up hostility there. The way Isee it Patricia's readers are men AND women of many ages, whoenjoy reading a blog by a woman who obviously loves golf and wants to keep it fun. This blog is well written and the articles are always on topic. But then maybe Mr. Nelson, never noticed the aritcles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. FYI Mike, it is a recent photo, I took it on Sunday. No smoke, no mirrors, no touch ups. Just Patricia. Yeah, she does look pretty good, why do you think I keep her around? It's definitely not for her golf game.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nick...if you don't shut the eff up I'll find a new photographer. A more talented one.

    Other readers, many thanks for the kind words. Hope to have the swimsuit issue out in early April.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Umm...Nick - your "Husband of the Year" nomination is at risk of being pulled with THAT comment...

    Am I detecting a whiff of marital discord in the air???

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nikolai,

    Be ware of the saying 'Don't know what you've got till it's gone'...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Remember to smile Pat,

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lookin forward to the swimsuit issue. Next to the masters, this could be my next favorite thing in april.

    -jyip

    ReplyDelete
  19. You certainly know a lot about golf and you're very attractive. When and where will your calendar be available?

    ReplyDelete
  20. you know a lot about golf, and you are very attracite - you might be the perfct woman!

    whenand where will the calendar be available?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you. Actually it won't be a calendar per se...it'll be an on-line swimsuit issue. I hope to have it ready and posted by mid-April. Just in time for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great tips, I think a lot of people hit the ‘plateau’ and the wall is just too much for them. I find that, like someone mentioned above, if you focus on the smaller goals and not necessarily hitting that magic number everything starts to fall into place and you begin to gain ground again.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...