Sunday

Memorial Day Greetings from Golf Girl's Diary (Updated)
























Here in CT, it's been an awesome weekend so far!

It's been just the way early summer should be; full of warm sun, blue skies and green, green golf courses, the later thanks to the copious rain we've had over the past couple of weeks.

After golf on Saturday AND Sunday, tomorrow we'll be "taking a day off" to attend an old-fashioned Memorial Day parade with my Dad in the home town of Old Greenwich, CT. It's the parade I marched in for years growing up; first with girl scouts, then with my trusty flute, as part of my high school marching band. Tomorrow however, it'll be all about enjoying the nostalgia with my Dad and remembering soldiers past and present.

Then, on Tuesday, it's back to work, (and back to golf and back to blogging) all set to enjoy the summer.

UPDATE : Just a few photos of this awesome day. No golf but there'll be plenty of time for that later this week.
















Dad's House Decorated for the holiday.














Dad's dog "Buddy" decorated for the holiday.
















The boys of summer. Little Leaguers in parade mode.
















The parade is always awesome.
















I marched with the girl scouts on this same avenue a couple/few years ago...
















...then I moved on to the marching band.
















The parade always has lots of fire engines...and lots of fire boots and lots of fire hats.
























Each year the parade ends with speeches in lovely Binny Park. It's nastolgic and nice.
Now....let me get back to golf.

7 comments:

  1. Golf girl you're from old greenwich? That's great, what a beautiful town. I'm very surprised you don't belong to a private club. Perhaps we would find that on your 2008 wish list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son and I are in the baseball league and so marched in the parade this morning. We are so lucky to have access to this town's rich traditions. Afterward we attended the Memorial Day ceremony on the green. We left a little early and as we were getting into our car witnessed the 2 helicopters on their fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my son and i are in a baseball league in west baltimore. we don't see copter fly by's but we do see plenty of drive by's - yo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I marched with the girl scouts on this same avenue a couple/few years ago...", more than that, I'm afraid.

    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  5. so you're old and wrinkled - who gives a rats ass any-ho

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures from Memorial Day. Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making gw gold is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of GuildWars Gold . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of Guild Wars Gold almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of GuildWars moneyhere I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to make cheap gw gold.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...