Tuesday

NYC Golf on Randall's Island - The Video











I blogged briefly last week about our trip out to Randall's Island Golf Center, the amazing full service golf venue just minutes from midtown Manhattan. Well I was actually there with my twin sister Cat, and here's the video we made.

We froze our butts off It was somewhat chilly that morning while we were filming, but the sun came out came out around noon, and we had an awesome time.

The staff is ultra friendly. Welcoming, warm and accessible. They completely dispel the old myths about rude, unfriendly New Yorkers...and those about golfers as snobbish custodians of an elitist sport. As I mentioned in my previous post there are tons of amenities, making this the perfect place to spend an entire day. Families from Manhattan and Queens come over the bridge on bicycles, hipsters head in from Brooklyn and stylish uptown girls arrive on the Golf Center shuttle. The sheer diversity of the crowd was impressive. It was a virtual golf melting pot, like NY itself, I guess.

Kelley Brooke
is the Golf Director, and the force behind Randalls Island Golf Center, and in her 30+ years in the golf industry, she's done more for golf in New York City, particularly Junior Golf and the Women's game, than anyone, ever.

This little video is just a peek at our day, but the entire experience out at Randall's Island Golf Center was pure fun and I'd recommend it to anyone lucky enough to be spending time in or around New York City.



Check out: Randall's Island Golf Center for more detailed info on the golf center and PUMA to find some of the awesome golf gear we're wearing

14 comments:

  1. Nicely done. I think I need a putting lesson from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - that's just not fair - TWO of you roaming around ?? WOW !!

    "The staff is ultra friendly" ??? That means they imported their employees from outside NYC ! :-)

    Nice job getting Puma to put up some bucks for the show. Good episode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you and your sister!!! I've got twin nephews and they play golf They're hyper-competitive with each other too. Makes for an interesting day when I them to the course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo, nice video. I'll be in Manhattan for a few days in early November. Now RIGC is definitely on my list. Maybe you can come out and show me around ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't look like 200 yards to me. U and Cat better get working on those swings. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've thought of going (we live in Queens) My husband likes the range the kid and I don't, play but the minigolf courses look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys sure look alike! I love the argyle sweaters! Great casual golf looks. The PUMA shoes are great too.
    Fun video.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i always loved puma. great that they're doing golf stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You inspired me to hit the Puma store in town. I got a great outfit to golf in. I still want those pants! Very fun video. If I lived in NYC I'd be a Randall's Island regular.

    ReplyDelete
  11. swing thought gg

    you need to turn thru the ball more - those nice firm peaches and smok'in hips should be in direct line with your intended target at the finish.

    ps - nice cantalope's!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Video Patricia! Awesome work and nice Puma gear...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Making gw gold is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of GuildWars Gold . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of Guild Wars Gold almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of GuildWars moneyhere I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to make cheap gw gold.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...