Wednesday

Show Me the Golf - The Club House is Open!

Leave it to a couple of Golf Punk guys to create what looks to be a very promising "webtv golf online digital type arrangement".

The...arrangement...is called Show Me the Golf, and I say promising because I was laughing within a few seconds of landing on their home page. That's always a good sign in my book. Also, I hung out there for ...like...45 minutes. Such is the vibe at Show Me the Golf.

The site is in its beta infancy, they're gradually rolling out features, but already it's ultra engaging. Which is really no surprise when you consider the publishing pedigrees of the founders. Tim Southwell was co-founder of Loaded magazine and more recently, founder of hugely successful Golf Punk magazine. Then there's co-founder John Dean who was also a co-founder at Golf Punk. Enough said, Show me the Golf is going to be good. They've got a fun blog too. Today's post was entitled, Teenage Golf Sex: Foreplay Shocker!...and I thought I was the master of link-bait Headlines.

Show Me the Golf is British at heart but I know it's going to be popular here in the US ...and anywhere golf is spoken. Some things are just that universal. So head over to Show Me the Golf, check out their first show and join the social network. I'll see you there, K?

10 comments:

  1. Good Site, though I don't "do" social networking. I love British humor especially their golf humor. Somehow it just works better thans ours. IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hoot! I will definitely be stopping by. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed, I love David Feherty. That's humor. Any broadcast is better with him in it, I guess he's Irish, but same dif.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim Southwell, the originator of GolfPunk Magazine (he sold it last year) is one of the funniest guys we have ever had on the air. He used to come on to do British Open previews. If you enjoy good British humor, he won't let you down.

    ShowMeTheGolf will definitelly carry on the tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not much of a fan of Feherty myself...too much flatulence for my liking...but Show Me seems great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Bawdy Brits again...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed with Sophie Horn! The beautiful British lass with the 4 handicap!
    Yes, like Golf Punk, this site is sure to be a succsex...I mean success.

    ReplyDelete
  8. David Feherty? I'm sorry but that's the marvellous Sam Torrance. OK so some of you may have chosen to erase him from your memories, but he did sink the putt that clinched the Ryder Cup for us back in 1985 after 28 bleeding years of nothing. And he went on to captain us to Ryder Cup glory in 2002. Hats off! And more of Showmethegolf if you don't mind.

    Gin&golf

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gin - I think the connection was the British/Irish sense of humor - not the identity of the guy in the videos.

    But Sam Torrence can be a VERY funny guy in his own right.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just been watching the vids on "Show me the Golf". Sure livens up a wet and windy Sunday morning here in 'Old Blighty'. I wish Tim and his team every success in their new venture.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...