Thursday

Twin Golf Girls Are All Over the Place















Being a twin has its ups and downs...or so they say. When I looked up "being a twin" earlier today I was confronted with a number of negative articles; How to Survive Being a Twin, The Frustrations of Being a Twin and even about,"the cognative cost of being a twin" which claimed that just being a twin could you cost 5 IQ points...per twin!

Personally Cat and I have always loved being twins... and haven't been bothered by any of the aforementioned downsides. We've never felt our individuality was compromised... and our IQs have alway tested above normal (though come to think of it we've both made a multitude of blunderous decisions over the years).

On the golf course, like everywhere else, twins tend to get more attention than...normal people. It's not that I'm an attention whore attention seeker or anything, but I've been encouraging Cat to get out on the greens with me. Well she has, and she's doing really well, hitting consistently in the low 120s after just her first season. Neither of us is ultra competitive, we just love the game, and play when ever we can. However while our games purely recreational, there are several sets of Golf Girl twins who played at a very high level.

Take Aree and Naree Song, the Korean/Thai twins were the first twins to compete on the LPGA tour. They've been known to show up on The Golf Channel's "Playing Lessons from the Pros" too. And both Naree and Aree qualified for the tour on their first try.

Then you've got Sam and Jo Head from Surrey, England. In addition to competing on the LET, these blonde British lasses have taken the media by storm. Samantha appeared on Big Break Kaanapali...while sister Johanna, who's also playing on the LPGA tour, is one of the Wilhelmina 7.

Probably the most promising twin golf girls now though, are Ireland's Lisa and Leona McGuire. The two competed head to head recently at the Irish women's amateur golf championship where Leona Maguire ultimately beat her twin sister Lisa. Here's a very comprehensive video that shows the twins practicing and playing in their native Ireland.

Those are some talented twins! It's enough to make high handicap twins like Cat and me extremely envious. But we don't even go there. Despite our high scores we always have fun. And these days we're making Golf Girl videos together. The frames here are from the one we're working on now, Golf Etiquette for Beginners. It's a humorous take that, none the less, drives home the importance of the etiquette basics that allow beginners to navigate a course.

As you might imagine, we're having a blast making this show.

9 comments:

  1. How fun it must be to be a twin!

    Upon your recommendation, I bought The Thumb Caddy and am getting ready to leave and go try it out on the course. I figured I've bought everything else, so I might as well try one more, lol. If this thing works, I promise to sing your praises. If it doesn't work, no big deal. It can go in the pile with all of my other *gadgets*.

    I'll let you know how it goes. I'm going to get the hubby to try one of the others, since I bought three.

    Cheers! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SP! It is great to be a twin...we certainly had some crazy fun with teachers and boyfriends back in the day.

    Hope the Thumb Caddy works as well for you as it did for me. I had always been a bit insecure about my grip and this was the perfect remedy.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twins are hott. Clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up with twin sisters and being the wonderful older brother never pinched one to see if the other would cry (but she did).

    Neither can play golf :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the etiquette video! I want to hear about switching boyfriends too please. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you play only on the weekends, then you may only need to replace them once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you and Cat ever played a joke on Nick??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wonderful
    Said visit
    I love sports, golf
    Here I am happy
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you and Cat are pretty smart and drew an excellent conclusion..."who made THOSE clowns the experts on everything ?" :-)

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...