Tuesday

Holiday Wine from Award Winning Vintner, John Daly

These days, when you read about John Daly, the story will most likely include details of an overserved evening at Hooters, or a knife fight with a former wife. And there'll always be mention of a penchant for diet coke and Marlboro lights.

Right now, the one-time Wild Thing is in Australia, at the Hyatt Regency Coolum resort - where he once drowned a problematic putter - to try for the $1.5 million Australian PGA Championship, which starts Thursday. He's struggling on the green and but trying to focus on his game.

Well, while doing my Black Monday shopping today, I came upon a perfect Christmas gift for my French, "wine chauvinist" husband: John Daly wines.

OK, I know... wine and John Daly don't even seem to belong in the same sentence. However, what most cynics don't know is that Mr. Daly's flagship wine, Perfect Round, won a gold medal, and "Best of Class" in the "Red Blends" category, at the inaugural Wine World of Sports competition at the LA International Wine & Spirits Awards. Pitted against prestigious contenders from top producing regions, The Perfect Round made the top ten list of sporting celebrity wines, having won one of only four best of class awards.

John Daly wines come in three different ranges and number of varietals. There are even several awesome gift baskets one can order. So yes, you may wish to do some shopping there like I did.

As far as my highbrow husband is concerned, I think he's in for some interesting wine tasting during the upcoming holidays.

9 comments:

  1. I don't know, for some reason I think of JD as a beer guy. Since he gave up Jack Daniels. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The holiday gift packaging comes with a pair of orange dolphin shorts and a tight white tee shirt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hoping John can get his game back. He's such an entertaining figure and so...unique...in the world of golf. I know there are many who feel he should be banished from the game, and I can understand that. I'm just hoping for a turn around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried Greg Norman wines and quite liked them. The Ernie Els wines are meant to be excellent as well. I've got to admit though I never would have thought of John Daly... and I'm wondering if he's ever tasted the wines that bear his name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read that Daly plans to keep his driver in the bag down there but I'll believe it when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr.Daly and wine--why not? I've seen them, but never tried one. It's certainly a step up from Hooters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I left Daly out, but here's a link to a piece I did on golfers and the grape: www.celebratedliving.com/tabid/3097/tabidext/3255/default.aspx --Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Golf, wine, white tees and fresh air. It doesn't get any better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the information. This is a wonderful post!! homeschooling | high school ged

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...