Tuesday

Golf Helps One Girl Catch the Eye of The Bachelor

To be honest, I had no idea reality TV was still pumping out new versions of The Bachelor.

I thought it all ended back in '06 when everyone started questioning the bona fides of exotic bachelor Prince Lorenzo Borghese of Rome New Jersey.

But I was wrong. The lowbrow love connection is still going strong. Season 13 has just launched on ABC, and along with spinoff, The Bachelorette, it remains wildly popular. I guess the success is in their mathematical formula:

∫∞ [killer abs + chiseled arms] ± [long tan legs + ample cleavage] ∈ premium booze ∩ body shots ÷ epic Mars/Venus meltdowns = Hit Show

It actually seems to work!?! As they say; Who da thunk it?

Anyway, it seems one clever young lady on this latest incarnation of the show is wise to a little known fact that should be second nature to single women seeking mates...or dates: golf is an excellent way to to connect with a high quality guy.

Molly Malaney set herself apart from the 25 other desperate highly motivated ladies with this flirty opener, "I hear you're a golfer. What's your swing?"

I'm assuming she meant swing speed, or swing style, but in any case bachelor Jason Mesnick, himself a former country club golf pro, liked it; Molly advanced to the next episode with the Top contenders. I'm thinking those other ladies better get their derrieres to the range ASAP, or Molly's going to get that final rose for sure.

In the meantime perhaps we can look forward to a golf course date on a future episode. I might even tune in for that.

13 comments:

  1. Perhaps she reads your blog ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the season's opener. How did I miss Molly's line?? Honestly, this show is one of my guilty pleasures. And how did I miss the fact that this season's bachelor was a former country club pro? Maybe I need to be paying more attention to the dialog and less to Mr. Bachelor's great abs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watch the show too. I relish the meltdowns and loath any supposedly sweet moments. Like everyone else I guess. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golf may have played a roll in his choice but I think hotness was the deciding factor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've limited my reality shows to Survivor, Top Model, Project Runway, Anthony Bourdain and my favs on The Golf Channel. OK, maybe I'm not really limiting them, but I'm still not watching the Bachelor. If golf helps her, more power to her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is written on the scorecard that Molly will be chosen, but only after full 18 played.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most of these folks go on this show because they're aspiring actors and actresses wanting to get discovered, not because they're trying to find love. No one could be that desperate, could they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always tell my single friends they should take up golf. It's such a no-brainer if a girl wants to meet nice (mostly) guys. Most of they don't listen - they go to the spa or they go shopping then they wonder where the guys are. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That formula works for almost anything dating related.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The show must continue to get ratings....I enjoy watching all of the men fight it out. The Bachelorette is way better than the Bachelor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Didn't a couple of the "winners" actually follow through with the wedding ? Did any of them last ?

    The last thing I remember of that show was the nutjob nurse Donna something or other.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok P - where is your Arabic translator ? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A woman that plays golf is a diamond in the rough ... for sure.

    @ Cash - GREAT avatar!

    Hello Patricia (smile)

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...