Tuesday

"Get A Room!" A Midtown Manhattan Golf Room.














New York City is often perceived as unfriendly to golfers, and I'll admit, if one wants to find golf in the Big Apple, one has to know where to look.

I've done a couple of shows on New York City golf, and I plan to do more this spring because you know what? ~I love golf and I love New York... and I'm not the only one.

Golf lovers from all over the world come to New York for business and pleasure, and most don't even consider making golf part of their stay. But it sure can be... and now the folks at Crowne Plaza Hotels have come up with an awesome way to encourage the "golf in NY mindset": Golf Rooms.

I love it! These rooms, in the newly made-over Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, have their own private putting greens. And come equipped with Oddessy putters and Callaway balls. Then there's a complementary room service golf breakfast which consists of ...I'm not exactly sure what. But I hope to find out. Soon.

This is all brand new but Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts' commitment to golf isn't. They sponsor the Crowne Plaza® Invitational at Colonial championship. And Phil Mickelson is the brand's star.

Anyway, I'm liking the idea of a romantic Valentine's Day weekend, in a golf room, in the middle of Manhanttan.

Did you hear that Nick?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend for you.

    Me, I have always wanted to play Van Cortland and of course Bethpage. The hotel in Manhattan sounds like a superb starting place for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AFAIK, golf has never been a way of attracting tourists to NYC. I don't really see the appeal of a mini astro turf putting green in my room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I beg to differ Joseph, With the right playing partner that room would have a lot of appeal. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What ever happened that golf lingerie. Not that that has anything to do with this story. dB=D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...we have a conference in NY this Spring and we're staying at the Crowne Plaza! w00t I've got to make sure I get a golf room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. & don't forget Chelsie piers driving range. It's a great winter destination with heated bays! there's nothing like hitting balls over the Hudson river!

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...