Monday

My Golf Blog List & Summer Event Overload

.















This Monday morning finds me hard at work in my cloistered CT suburb. As you can see from the photo above, the view from my porch office is lush and leafy... and almost impossibly green.

I'm resisting the lure of the golf course to catch up on some long neglected projects and prepare for a pile of upcoming events.

I definitely need to get my long lost golf blog link list back up. I've had a number of folks email me recently saying things like, "...just wanted to let you know I took you off my link list because you took me off yours." Often such declarations are followed by "so there" or "no hard feelings".

Mmm Ok, no hard feelings, I get it. The thing is, I never did the I'll link to you if you link to me linky-love thing. I link to what I like... and to what I feel my readers will like or find useful. Curating a good blog roll is time consuming, but the end result is a useful index of significant sites - that have been individually selected for their quality and content - from the mass of sites out there. As luck would have it, the blunder honest mistake that led to the list's demise took place early this year just after the golf-blog floodgates opened, and awesome new blogs began appearing in droves. So once I review and post my original list I'll need to hear from anyone who has, or knows of, a good golf blog.

I'm completely committed to having the basic list up by the end of this week because what follows is going to be as crazy-busy as it gets in the golf blogging world; with the US Open, the Travelers and the US Women's Open plus myriad other exciting golf events taking place one-after-the-next, I feel like I won't be able to breathe (or edit blog rolls) for the next couple of months and... I just found out I'll be heading to Europe in early September for golf and business. And I definitely want to lay out some good groundwork for that.

OK, gotta get back to work. Immediately.

9 comments:

  1. Sending you lots of "linky-love" to help you get through this task.

    I'm thinking that inputting all those links might be easier with a glass of Pinot Grigio. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. View from your office > view from my cube. In fact, the only thing representing the color green in my cube is a green highlighter.

    FAIL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. House next door ain't too shabby, either, Patricia. My 'office' is on the water, but probably 1/3rd the size of yours.

    Wow, we are so blessed.

    Love your site and must visit daily...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to be at the US Open??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you mean when you re-create the 'missing links', I will not be the only male?

    I thought we were going steady, or at least occasional...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since, according to your headline, you're the overlord of the blog list, I was wondering if you could plug my site, Duh Game of Golf, by adding it to your blog roll.

    Though I try to be a blog roll (check spelling) model, I've only gotten five hits (mostly my own) since my launch in January, 1998, and the only comments I've gotten are from my sister, Naria, and they're of the verbal variety, not to mention vacuous.

    I'm a 78 handicap but plan to improve once I'm allowed on 18-hole courses. I know precious little about golf, and each post I post, claims Naria, is as dumb as said post, but I think she was just trying to rhyme when she said that.

    So, Patricia, that's how I've chosen to present my case.

    If I don't succeed at this golf blogging stuff, it's back to lawyering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand what you are saying. I started my blogroll as sites I genuinely like, then people asked me to link theirs and then I agreed to cross link. Which really means nothing to me since I am not a professional writer. I just like to write to express myself and learn and share.

    I love your site. You have to do what is right for you to do.

    I agree with Heather that a nice beverage of some sort may make the work more fun! Or just the afternoon more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chief Adds-to-Totem-Pole6/09/2009 1:37 PM

    Man, what beautiful, jagonga, perfectly trimmed hedges!

    Golfer, blogger, charity promoter, and now you gotta add hedge mistress to your resume.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate people that expect a link back if they link to yours. Yes it would be nice, but you've got to earn that link.

    My own blog links is empty at present - I've only just started, and so keeping an eye out for good ones that I like. Once I have a few I will then link.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...