Tuesday

Alpine Golf and The Magic of the Evian Masters

.







Évian-les-Bains is one of my favorite places in the world, and though I haven't played golf there yet, I know the landscape... and the magical quality of its alpine air... from numerous visits over the years.

I'll finally get to play a couple of the area's undulating woodland courses in September, as part of my fall trip. We're booked at the Evian Royal Resort, right where the Evian Masters is set to begin in a couple of days.

Not surprisingly, The Evian Masters is on or near the top of almost every LPGA player's favorite tournament list. The magnificent mountain landscape surely plays a part, but according to several players I've talked to, it's more than that. It seems there's a unique ambiance of camaraderie and light-heartedness that prevails at this event, and that's something that's more welcome than ever right now.

One of the best things about this tournament for those of us staying stateside is their awesome hot pink website. Through the site they'll keep you posted on everything connected with the tournament and there are lots of photos and videos too. The 2009 Evian Masters Junior Cup just took place (congrats to winner, Denmark) and that's what's playing in the video below. I'm pretty sure we're seeing at least a couple of future champions right there.

6 comments:

  1. Evian looks beautiful. I can only imagine the course must be super difficult though. I hope they have so good TV coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in the South of France last fall. So beautiful, sad I didn't get up to Evian though. Growl, it's on Golf Channel 6:30-8:30 ET Thur & Fri, 1:00 - 4:00 ET Sat & Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hot pink site. It makes me want to change mine. I should probably write something for it first though.:\

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've just taken up golf again and I love your blog! So inspiring! If you ever come to New Orleans to play..please get in touch. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for checking out and leaving a comment at thecommutinggolfer.blogspot.com

    Would you know of any golf related work in the New York City area?

    Thanks again for leaving a comment.

    Todd aka the commuting golfer

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be nice if Natalie Gulbis won again. Thats the way to get LPGA more publicity too. Cmon Natalie.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...