Wednesday

Golf Snacks - Create Your Very Own Twinkie Killer

A couple of weeks ago - when Tiger Woods was being criticized for his supposedly substandard "on-course antics" - it was noted that during one of his rounds he had angrily attacked a peanut butter, jelly and banana sandwich.

This spirited snacking was part of a so-called "Tiger Temper Tantrum" which apparently offended those looking to Mr. Woods as roll model for impeccable on-course behavior. It also exposed an issue many of us grapple with while playing golf. What to eat when you have to eat something during the three and a half to five and a half hours it takes to play the average recreational round?

Many choose that ubiquitous rectangle of digestible carbohydrates known as an energy bar... or a power bar... or a protein bar. Whatever you may call it, it's practical and generally fuels the body pretty effectively. Sometimes it doesn't taste great, but that's never really been the point of protein bar.

Well what if you could customize your own bar...choose the texture and the ingredients...make it as sweet, or as salty, or as power-laden as you like? That would be awesome wouldn't it?

Well you can. Bespoke "element bars" are now a reality, and you can whip up yous at the Element Bars website. Then you just need to come up with a name for the bar-chitectural creation, and order it. And within days you'll be munching your mulit-grain marvel on the fairways. 12 bars are $36.

I've got to say, I LOVE this. Some of you may remember my unhealthy appetite for a certain "Golden Sponge Cake with Creamy Filling". Well, people this new element bar of mine will definitely go better with my Michelob Ultra Amber! I'm thinking it may just be a Twinkie killer. ✩

9 comments:

  1. Your video is hilarious!! I love Twinkies...but I can't believe what goes into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Element bars may be one way to get my two kids to lay off the junk food. If they formulate their own bars they might be too proud to reach for the Twinkies. I can hope. :\

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my course it's hotdogs & potato chips washed down with beer. Makes the Twinkie seen downright healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suggest you might want to stick with the Twinkies. They seem to be working for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I go for the Devil Dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT-- no 'Funny Bones' allowed on the golf course??
    ( shhhhhhhhsh! no laughing!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bananas are my golf course snack and I'm always thankful for my Banana Bunker. Best way to keep your Banana in perfect condition. http://www.bananabunker.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Twinkies, but Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets are the bomb...

    ReplyDelete
  9. anything "little debbie" is the best. they put out all kinds of wonderful snack cakes and all have the same key ingredients; high fructouse corn syrup & partly hydrogenated palm oil :P

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...