Friday

Japanese Golf Fashion Just Keeps Getting Cuter

Much as I'd like to, I can't seem to outgrow my affinity for Japanese cuteness. My Japanese friends all have... but not me. In fact, they sometimes refer to me derisively as "Queen of Kawaii". Coming from them, that translates roughly to "Immature Dork".

There are however, lots of cute-obsessed souls in the world and many of them will be happy to hear that como!come! a company I wrote about over two years ago, now has an English language web site, where they can check out... and order... the latest designs.

In addition to their beautiful bags and awesome cartoony club covers, como!come! now offers some apparel items. And naturally, the styles are ultra-cute. As illustrated in this fun little video. Warning! Excessive Cuteness Ahead:



There... was that cute enough for you?

Oh, and I'm not the only US blogger writing about this colorful company. The always entertaining Golf Babes wrote about como!come! and young Australian golfer, Marousa Polias who's representing their line. Also, the enigmatic Double Glover, a relatively new and rather prolific golf blogger, with an eye for the cool and unusual, featured their Baby-Tail Clip not long ago.

Too much cute? I don't think so, that would be the domain of Hello Kitty and even the Queen of Kawaii can't handle that much sugar.

13 comments:

  1. I think the LPGA should have a "new-player orientation" during their rookie season and make them view pictures of Japanese and Korean lady golfers and how they dress. Colors, patterns, horizontals, etc.

    Also, this is particularly true with PGA American men golfers, other countries' golfers seem to have clothes that fit great! Just because they might be free, can't you ask addidas, nike or whomever, to get them tailor fitted for our golfers. I am beginning to agree that the U.S. has the worst dressers in the whole world (not just golfers)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What am I missing ? Are you talking about the clothes or all the skipping and wiggling ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting line...I always love the english slogans used to decorate many products sold in the asian market...in this case "No Golf...No Life"

    At least most of the women's golf apparel is reasonably fitted. Even with athletes like Sergio, Cammilo, and Tiger....by the time the Men's product makes it to the store it is cut for a guy with a giant beer gut. Time for one of the major apparel mfg's to step up and sell a nice athletic cut...fitted line of mens golf clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I can't seem to outgrow my affinity for Japanese cuteness"

    Awww, gee, thanks! Oh wait! You aren't talking about me? Boy, am I embarrassed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! The Japanese do have the cutest golf apparel and accessories. You would be surprised, though, at how much ladies golf accessories and apparel that we send to Japan and Korea from Pink Golf Tees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Japan is the best. And cute, matching outfits aren't just for the golfers there. Even construction worker outfits are "kawaii" with matching jumpsuits and red or orange helmets. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the clothes are very feminine. interesting blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Golfing Daughter is SO NOT allowed to see this video. I'll be converting $ to yen in no time. She's already insane over these cute Japanese erasers she collects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's good that cuter clothes are made for girls who golf. It gets girls to not worry about what they look like because the clothes are cute but still have clothes fit for a golf course.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok - I keep looking - and I see the same shorts and solid shirt you see everywhere...but these are being worn by a cute little Asian model.

    What is different about those clothes compared to other "cute" shorts I see women wearing with a solid top ? (aside from not being Asian, weighing more than 90 pounds, and not having that model's wiggle, of course) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are cute golf outfits. Who says that tennis players can only wear skimpy apparel during games? These clothes looked even cuter with these Japanese ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We were inspired by this post and actually acquired some of the Japanese golf accessories from Como Come for our store! Check them out http://www.pinkgolftees.com/m-75-como-golf.aspx. They have some really cute putter covers and other headcovers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great Japanese brand for golf wear is Paris. Cute designs made out of long-lasting fabric (I still have some after 25 years!)

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...