Friday

Sony Open - Once Again Y. E. Yang Stands Out ...

... in another stunning shirt!

~ Yong-Eun Yang made another bold, tricolor shirt statement yesterday at the Sony Open - thanks to his clothing sponsor Le Coq Sportif. ~ And it featured a familiar patriotic color palette.

On the fairways of Waialae however, Mr. Yang met with some pretty epic frustration. While he finished the first round even - which meant T47 on the crowded leaderboard - his playing partners, Zach Johnson and Davis Love III, Both shot 5-under-par 65s and ended up with a share of the six-way-tie lead. But here's the thing: all three partners were 4-under after 14 holes! Unfortunately, the 2009 PGA Championship winner played the next three in 4-over. Which = epic frustration. Which = OUCH!

Yes, golf can be painful, but I believe in redemption and the power of an awesome shirt. So I'm looking for Mr. Yang to make a move up the leaderboard today... and I'm hoping he sticks with his fearless fashion statements.

Oh and speaking of golf fashion statements... I plan to devote some of this cold Connecticut weekend to reading the stories I've missed in my favorite golf blogs. And I intend to start with The Khaki Crusader, a blog where astute observations... and stellar writing... on the ever-changing world of golf style are a given.

8 comments:

  1. Those last few holes must have been pretty rough him. I've have a rounds that finished that way so I feel his pain. Hope today is better for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week's shirt is much better then last weeks. I'm not saying I'd wear it, but it is better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone who can bring some color to the PGA Tour is welcome as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it's because the season's just starting but it seem like most of the players are even more color - adverse than before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading in the KC blog that there's a new designer at Ralph Lauren. I wonder if he'll be able to make DLIII look less boring. I kind of doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with growl, no one should have to look boring in Ralph Lauren. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yang should bust tricolor and just try cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the shout, patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yang has kind of grown on me... I like him & his bold fashion statements, as well as his demeanor during play. I really liked his black & green during the SBS. I suppose I'm a fan of color too. But then, I'm a JD fan... what can I say?

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...