Thursday

Bold, Blonde Golf Blogger Stealthily Stalks John Daly

.
Heather Jones, for those of you who don't know, is a mid-western Mom and editor of the popular blog Real Women Golf. She's resplendently blonde and beautiful... and though she's been playing for less than five years she's already flirting with a single digit handicap.

Let's face it, as a raven-haired, wannabe blonde... who's handicap hovers around 25... I might be tempted to... you know... hate her. But with Heather that's not possible. She's too nice to even resent. And empathetic and funny and... just really nice. A welcome rarity in today's snark-infested golf media world.

And Ms. Jones happens to be John Daly fan. A really big, unrepentant John Daly fan. She writes about him regularly, banters with him on Twitter and won't miss an episode of Being John Daly. So when she serendipitously met up with him on a FL course yesterday, no one was really surprised. Well, except maybe Mr. Daly and his playing partners. But in a good way. I know the photo above (presumably shot with an iphone) doesn't reveal much... but check out the video at Heather's site, it even includes a "rip it and grip it" demo.

Somehow I'm guessing Heather's golf vacation has already been declared a major success.

10 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I bet Heather was super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia, did you see how she took over the whole scene. No shyness in that woman.

    Pink, I'm so happy for Heather, that had to make her day, week, month and year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was AMAZING to see him swing up close! It was one of the those moments where I didn't even think about what I was doing. I just did it. Thankfully, JD and his pals were GREAT sports.

    I have more about the encounter to share, but I haven't had the chance to write about it yet. Let's just say, apparently I play better when I have a star-studded male audience. ;o)

    Thanks for the kind words Patricia. Unfortunately, I'm currently playing more like a 20-index than a ten. Damn winter! I hear it's snowing in Ohio right now. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about a cool golf vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The golf club has received the Golf Digest Four Star Award for nine consecutive years and has also been voted as one of the top 450 courses in the country by the same publication. Lookout Mountain has received recognition as one of Americas Top Courses from 2005, visit us at: http://www.linksworldgolf.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to Go Heather. it's great to see you enjoying yourself so much, it truly is one the the things that make your blog so fun! You keep up the great work and we'll keep reading it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. John Daly come in France to play the french open but he play only 13 holes but i'm very impressive to see him hit the ball at the practice range.
    i hope, he will come back at his best golf level.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Top girl! I had a bet on Daly to win at Crooked Stick... I somehow just knew and that does not happen often. I followed him and watched his masterful performance (esp. short game) at the Open in 95, almost pipped by Roca's outstanding putt through the Valley of Sin to tie for playoff.
    I read his book last year which further endeared him to me! What you see is what you get. I am fan!
    BB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interested to participate in special golf tournament? "One Iron, from tee-off to putting"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi

    I just wanted to let you know about some great Golf Destinations at "Linksworldgolf.com". Use the world map to help guide you to your dream golf vacation destination. All vacations are fully customizable to suit every golfers idea of the perfect golf vacation.

    http://www.linksworldgolf.com/golf-destinations.php

    Regards

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...