Wednesday

Tiger's Return & The Awesomeness of Angel Cabrera

From the moment speculation began that Tiger might be making his return at the Masters, there were those who lamented the possibility.

The sanctimonious have suggested that repentance requires more than a few months, while expounding on the evils of adultery, while some players have implied that an Augusta comeback might hurt the hallowed tournament by turning it into a Tiger-centric, tabloid feeding frenzy.

But Angel Cabrera, the reigning king of Augusta National and one of the coolest, classiest golfers on the planet is not complaining. Admittedly Mr. Cabrera is not the complaining type in general, but on this subject he's quite clear; he's been expressing his hopes of a Tiger return at Masters for a couple of weeks now. ~ The way the Argentine champion put it, Tiger "...makes these tournaments immensely special just through his sheer talent and control over the game."

So folks, it might be wise to get over your righteous indignation and suppress your fears of thunder-stealing because Angel Cabrera is the boss of the green jacket... for at least a couple more weeks... and what he says, goes.

6 comments:

  1. Golf is certainly better with Tiger...he is clearly the most talented golfer in the game today. I am sure his game and dominance will quickly be apparent.

    I must admit...I have really enjoyed golf during his periods away from the tour. It has been a pleasure to actually see the important shots of tournament leaders...and to hear other players recognized. Starting with the master's we return to Tiger TV...where producers choose a camera shot of Tiger standing on the practice tee...over real tournament golf.

    To the TV producers...please remember...it is a tournament..and a tour...not just Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlike Phil, who commented above, I have spent very little time watching other players/tournaments sans Mr. Woods, similar to the several years of golf after Jack and before Tiger...

    Call me out as a "Tiger-weather-fan", but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm probably in the majority.. and the TV producers know this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not agree. Golf is not better with this slug. The PGA TOUR must stand on its own. There are many talented Pro's and this concentration on a spoiled brat, who kicks his club bag, throws his clubs and swears all around the course can not be tolerated anymore. In the 50's and 60's they said that the Tour was better with Arnold Palmer than with out him. They were probably right, but Palmer also threatened to boycott the Masters until they raised their purse. They did and he played! Arnold Palmer was a gentleman! Tiger Woods is a phoney piece of cow flop! I will agree that he is the finest player since Jack Nicholous,Arnold Palmer and Gary Player, but Tiger Woods has no class at all and as a former night club owner and restaurant owner, I would not have taken his crap! He would have either tipped my people right or I would have thrown him out of my joint! Tiger Woods has no class at all! Sincerely bigmikecraft

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love when the camera cuts to a guy making a birdie on 18 to shoot a 74 and finish 13 shots behind the leader. NOT!!

    For me, I would prefer to see the leaders 99% of the time and an occasional shot 1% of the time.

    In his last 30 stroke play tournaments when he played the weekend, Tiger has finished in the top ten 29 times, including 14 victories. In Phil's past 30 times out, he has 14 top tens and 3 victories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be interesting theatre to a certain extent. But I think the Masters could stand on its own if TW stayed away this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to see as many different players as possible in each tournament; if I want to watch just one player I can buy his video; rather like I like to see as many different countries as possible in the Olympics.

    But, alas, like e-roc says, I am probably in the minority

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...