Thursday

The Birdy & Grace Golf Woman of the Year - Is it You?


Do you know a woman with a passion for golf, family, community and healthy living? Or maybe you are that woman.

That's the type of woman who inspires golf apparel designer Birdy & Grace, and that's what they're looking for in their Golf Woman of the Year.

When they find her she'll be flown to New York City, then whisked up to gracious Greenwich, Connecticut (my hometown!) for a photo shoot with a top fashion photography team. Because the Golf Woman of the Year will be the featured model for Birdy & Grace Spring 2011. In addition to the trip and the photo shoot, the winner will receive custom fitted outfits by Birdy & Grace and a stylish, Sweet Spot putter.

The thing I love about Birdy & Grace is the way they blend fun, flirty and fashionable with perfectly functional. They consider things like pocket placement, fabric texture and length to ensure a flattering fit on all body types and full range of motion for every aspect of the golf swing. Each item in each Birdy & Grace collection is both contemporary and classic and designed to work equally well on the course and in town.

Sharon Sunoo and Teress Stephens founded their company to create golf clothes with stellar street style. Clothes that could comply with even the strictest country club dress code, but still shine on the streets of New York, and that's what they've done with Birdy & Grace.

The rules/requirements for Golf Woman of the Year are pretty simple, and you can nominate yourself or someone you know. The nominee must be an avid amateur woman golfer over the age of 25 and must answer this: What does golf mean to you; where you see the future of women’s golf; what social causes are important to you and why; and why would you make a great ambassador for Birdy & Grace.

Each entry must be accompanied by a photo, and the deadline for entries is June 15, 2010. All entries must be submitted to their Facebook fan page or to info@birdy&grace.com.

Good Luck Golf Girls!

9 comments:

  1. Patricia, way to go by supporting and letting everyone know about this Birdy & Grace promotion. I think this contest is much like their Brand; smart, fun and sophisticated and we think it's a great idea!

    It's no surprise to see you as one of the first to help promote it as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. NancyFleisch`4/22/2010 2:23 PM

    I just started playing a month ago but I'm already hooked. I've gotten a few friends to take up golf as well. We're all Moms... and we're (gently) pushing the last of our "little ones" out of the nest, so we finally have time for golf. I discovered Birdy & Grace on vacay at La Quinta and even though I'm a newbie I'm going to try for Golf Woman of the year. The clothes alone would be a fabulous prize. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd vote for the famous, likable, golf-accessories-laden, witty, eccentric, stylish, obtuse, idiosyncratic, tone-deaf, adjective-worthy Heather Jones, but nominees have to be over 25, so wait'll next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I'm not a great golfer... but I plan to become one. I haven't been keeping up my golf blog... but I'm going to start now. And everything else is in order so I'm entering. (no hope if Heather enters)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate all of the sentiments, but I don't think any of us stand a chance if Patricia enters.

    Good thing I have to wait another year.;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen this line before and it looks fantastic!!! Where can one find it online though... did I miss that??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been trying to get my daughter to take up golf to no avail. She's desperate to do modeling in NY so maybe when she sees this prize (and the cute clothes) she'll want to get ready for next year. Here's to hoping. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I apologize for contacting you in this fashion, but I think you might be interested in submitting your site to my new sports directory…at thesportszone.org

    I'm assuming comments are moderated so when I click submit this post won't automatically appear on site, if it does, I again apologize.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a good idea.

    I'll promote women's golf and the Birdy&Grace Brand, at the same time they find a catalog model who perfectly reflects their image.

    Very Smart.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...