Thursday

Shannon Hall, Birdy & Grace Golf Woman of the Year


She's a real woman with a passion for golf, and that's just what golf apparel company Birdy & Grace was looking for when they set out to find their Golf Woman of the Year. Shannon Hall is a full-time registered nurse, she's also a wife and a mom and does tons of volunteer work.

So much for those of us who complain about never having time for golf, right?

Shannon makes time for golf because she sees it as an invaluable way to relax and spend quality time with friends and family. As a cancer survivor she has a profound appreciation for things some of us take for granted.

As the Birdy & Grace Golf Woman of the Year, the Wilmington, North Carolina RN will participate in a photo shoot with a fabulous photography team and become “cover girl” for the Birdy & Grace Spring 2011 campaign.

Birdy & Grace is located in Greenwich, CT, my home town, and I fell in love with the line shortly after I started playing golf. From the beginning I was amazed at how every item works equally on or off the golf course... and looks equally awesome in either setting.

There's more on Shannon and the two amazing Golf Woman of the Year runners-up on the Birdy & Grace website.

7 comments:

  1. I grew up in Darien, I don't get back very often but every time I do I'm amazed how much it's changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the choice of Sharon. I'll never be able to use the "I don't have time for golf" excuse without thinking of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great promotion idea, and I love the clothing line. Shannon is going to be a perfect cover model.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great time for me to return to "commenting life." As you know golfgirl, I love my LPGA players, but it is nice to see a non celeb such as Shannon get honored with this! How she gets all of that into her life is amazing!! Not to mention having such a noble calling.

    Doesn't hurt that I had a great- grandfather George Hall ( or that Grace was my Mother's name.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to enter but then though maybe I wasn't quite up to being Golf Woman of the Year yet. Now that I've read about Shannon I know I was right. She's so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to everyone for your kind words! I love golf, and feel strongly about promoting women's involvement, so this opportunity's been a dream come true! I'm really looking forward to kicking things off with Birdy & Grace. Keep 'em in the short grass ladies!
    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Shannon! Clearly a very deserving and amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...