Tuesday

The Love Love Golf Summit - What's Not to Love?

.









The Love Love Golf Summit takes place in Japan... land of the rising sun really cute golf clothes... and as summits go, it's quite unlike anything we have here in the US.

What we're talking about here is a show/fair/convention that celebrates women's golf fashion at its stylish, multichromatic best.  It's part of the Japan Golf Fair, Asia's largest golf industry event.  As you may know from reading this blog I have a particular passion for Japanese golf fashion.  IMHO, When it comes to color, cut, cuteness and sheer creativity the Japanese win by a mile. Or many miles if you consider the sheer volume of brand and the number of styles they offer each season.

As luck would have it, I've got a couple of readers who'll be attending The Love Love Golf Summit this weekend and they've promised to fill me in on what's new and awesome.  I in turn, will expound on their discoveries here and I've no doubt we'll all be impressed.

The 45th Japan Golf Fair 2011- Feb. 18-20 
The Love Love Golf Summit - 2011 Spring - Feb. 19-20

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the awesomeness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryo's teeing off at Northern Trust this weekend too. You're going to have a lot to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name sounds vaguely erotic, and some of the outfits do little to dispel that perception. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only 20% of golfers are women in the US vs I think, 50% in Japan, so I'm not surprised the Japanese golf manufacturers pay more attention to us gals than the Americans do. I just wish it was easier to get the Japanese things here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks a heck of lot more fun than the PGA show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't see knee sock much on American golf courses, while they seem to be all the rage in Japan. I've even seen some girls in leg warmers... the kind they used to wear for arobics back in the 80s!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since my Hello Kitty childhood, Japanese pop culture has always fascinated me. Those of us who ventured beyond the perky feline were rewarded with anime, techno pop, sugar-coated, neon bright bling, bling bling! I could totally rock out a pair of those knee socks (um, but not the hot pants). And I'm sure there must be a pair of go-go golf shoes out there somewhere (size 6 pls).

    Will Love Love to read your follow up piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. heather,

    That can't be right. I'm a female golfer in Japan, and I can tell you, golf is predominantly a male sport here, too. According to the Ministry of Internal Affairs statistics in 2006, about 15% of all men play golf and 3% of all women play golf. That would bring the fraction of women players to below 20%.

    It's true that since Ai Miyazato's appearance, more younger women and girls have taken up golf (though there has been no overall increase in the women golfer population), and that is why the industry has begun targeting young, unmarried & working, fashion-conscious newbie women golfers who have much more money to spend on golf than your average male golfer, married with kids. The targeting of women golfers is a relatively new trend in Japan.

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...