Thursday

Golf Giving - October is Over but Golf Gives On

.
By Jordan Farr aka Golf Girl Junior

OK, what happened to October?

I just looked at the calendar noticed it was gone. Over. Finito. And it took four November days with it.

I guess I'm getting old because I'm thinking: it seems like the days just flew off the calender ...and I'm sure I remember my grandmother saying stuff just like that. ~ Actually, you certainly remember may remember I celebrated my 23rd birthday back on the 14th. Belated thanks for all the warm well-wishes. That was an early highlight.

Then there were multiple visits to NYC, for previews of some amazing golf fashion lines, and afternoons spent at Winged Foot, Quaker Ridge and The Norfolk Country Club getting acquainted with the aesthetics and idiosyncrasies of A.W.Tillinghast.  Yes, October was a blur, but a pretty wonderful one.

Also, October was Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and that too flew by, but fortunately, the mission behind it goes on all year and to that end here at GGM... and throughout the golf world... efforts will continue to raise funds and awareness for this cause. Some of the things we'll be involved with throughout the coming twelve months are:

Cristie Kerr's Birdies for Breast Cancer

Sweet Spot Golf's Breast Cancer Initiatives

G Women Magazine's Breast Cancer Initiatives 

There are all sorts of ways to give through golf, and all kinds of causes too.  You can find many of them listed at GolfCharity.net .  October may be over but it still feels great to give.

5 comments:

  1. You won't be old for a while Jordan. Enjoy every minute of your twenties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan, you're new to the game and full of enthusiasm and that's a great thing to see. I urge you to keep it fun and continue to look at the good in the game. There's so much of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink stripe putters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Multiple Tillinghast courses. Very impressive for your first month of golf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Junior! Another breast cancer charity that I hope golfgirl does not mind me mentioning:
    The Morgan Pressel Foundation

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...